Wednesday 26 February 2014

Pumpkin, Minced meat & Scallop porridge for your baby

I only manage to have time to cook during weekends and it's quite lazy to cook during weekends too but rice cooker really save me a lot and it's very convenient too.

Last Saturday, I have prepared pumpkin, minced meat (pork) and scallop porridge for my baby girl, she loves it! Here's the ingredient and step to get it done.



Step 1 : Prepared pumpkin  - cut it into cubes as shown in the picture.

Step 2: Prepared Dried Scallop - Soak in the water for about 10-15mins. You can also use frozen scallop, it's much more easy to prepare.

Step 3: Prepared Red dates - Rinse with water and then cut a line in the middle to give off the scent of red dates.


Step 4: Prepared brown rice - You can use any rice but I prefer to use brown rice. Rinse a few times with water and set aside for use later. 


Step 5: Prepared minced meat - You can easily get the minced meat from the market. Rinsed it over with hot water for 2-3times to get off the fats so that your porridge will not have too many fat oil and make the soup look blurry.




Step 6: Pour in all the prepared ingredient. Put in water, about 2/5 of the cooker and set 'Cook'



Step 7: Because I'm using rice cooker, so this is how I monitor my porridge - Keep on to stir the porridge for like every 15mins. When it's about to dry, I will add in the same amount of water and then continue to stir until it boils again. Lastly, off the rice cooker and let it cook in the cooker itself for another 30mins.


Step 8: Optional - I normally blend the porridge before I serve it to my baby girl, she only has two teeth at the bottom and do not know how to chew yet.


This is how it looks like after I blend it.


I hope your baby enjoy it too! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment