Tuesday 4 March 2014

Low Milk Supply? I don't have milk....HOW??!

Some mothers always complaint that they don't have milk, but have you even try hard before you say you don't have any? I have a colleague at work who told me she don't have enough milk for the baby and she mixed with the formula milk.

So there, I asked her, do you latch your baby often? "NO, my baby doesn't stay with me." Ok, do you drink enough fluids and try some fenugreek pill to boost up the supply? "Yes, only work for few weeks and now supply is low again". Hmm, strange....do you pump frequently since your baby is not around? "I don't have supply, how to pump?" Ahh, I see the problem now... so how many hours in between you pump or how many time you pump per day? "2 times a day...I wait until the breast is full."

I guess you can see where the issue is. Mother! Google is out there, there's a lot of forum you can join to ask help around. Have you even try hard? If your baby is not around and you do not pump as frequent as you latch, how to let your body to know that you need milk for your baby? You are the one to tell your body, so don't be lazy.

Get a good pump, pump in between every 3-4hours for 15-20mins even you only have 1-2oz. You can add/mix the milk from different session and store in freezer. It can last for 6 months!

Relax, drink more fluids. Some believe soup help to boost milk supply, it certainly works well on me and I love soup! I given let her tried fenugreek pills and it helps, find ways mother! You can do it, don't tell yourself you can't while you don't even give it a try!

I'm a working mother, I know how hard it is and it really takes a lot of effort continuing breast feeding but I always think of my princess. She's growing and she needs more milk to grow up fast, she's my energy booster! I have made it all the way through for 10months for my princess while my other friends stop breast feeding after 3 months, give same excuse like low milk supply, my breast doesn't produce milk - lazy excuse. I pump at work at 10am, 2pm and 5pm before I leave the office - every session 15mins (I have a fast let down). Then direct latch my princess when I'm home from 7pm-8am. If I can do it, I don't see why you can't. :)


I wish you all GOOD LUCK & HAPPY BREAST FEEDING mommies!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment